your 21st birthday is important.
you can now decide legally to have an alcoholic beverage if you choose.
you’ve survived another successful year around the sun.
you get a bunch of free stuff like makeup and food!
and it’s an excuse to get all your favorite people together to celebrate with you.
oh, and also it is the last birthday you’re going to have that comes with a huge hype factor, so it’s important to do it right. being vegan and a health conscious person i knew that my 21st birthday plans were going to be a little untraditional. for me, i’ve been looking forward to this day for years!!!!! but not for the reasons you think, i’m not eager to get wasted and not remember my birthday. but more than anything i’m just excited to celebrate!! i love a good celebration!
as the day became closer i started doing some research on fun and unconventional things to do on your 21st birthday.
unfortunately, for me all a could find were things like
“do as many tequila shots as you can!”
and “obviously get wasted at the bar bro?”
so that’s when i decided to do this post.
i knew there are many others out there trying to remember their 21st, so have no good ideas on what to do.
this post is for the people who are excited to be 21 and have the empowering privilege of making their own decisions.
but, it’s also for the people who don’t necessarily want to be a sloppy drunk in a mini skirt with a tiara on their 21st.
i thought i’d make a list of a few things that i plan on doing today here in minneapolis.
let the fun times begin!
– i am starting off the morning, by heading right to jamba juice for a vegan orange passion smoothie.
– then I’m heading to the mall of america to sephora, ulta, and bare minerals to get all that FREE makeup that you can only get on your special day! YAY!
– after that i am stopping by caribou coffee to get a mid day buzz of caffeine for freezies!
– i believe it will be time for some lunch at either pizza Studio or noodles and company – who both offer vegan options and who both offer free dishes on your birthday.
– next on the list is dessert, i’ve never been..but hear a lot about this place called cupcake in the mall of america and their amazing vegan cupcakes! they won cupcake wars on the food network if that speaks to you!
– after we leave the mall i plan to head too the como zoo conservatory because it’s BEAUTIFUL and relaxing.
– that leads us to namasté cafe, where i made a dinner reservation with my closest friends to enjoy amazing and authentic indian food. i really mean it when i say it’s the best.
– i plan on ending my night at the new hype bar UpDown for the free coins and arcade games.
hope this helped you guys with ideas on what to do on your 21st! follow me on instagram to see all the pictures and stories.
Photos by : Rachel Smak of Write with Light Photography