if you are anything like us, you’ve been craving allllll the fall treats this season-pumpkin spice, caramel apples, butternut squash, you name it.
but finding those healthy, vegan-friendly treats, that’s a whole different story!
there’s just something about autumn eats that comfort the soul.
being a vegan you shouldn’t have to miss out on that.
so we decided to whip up some vegan pumpkin muffins-
based off a recipe we found, but of course we had to put our own little spin on it too.
with this recipe we were nervous about it being dry, or the spices being too overwhelming, but we really hit the nail on the head this time and perfected the balance between a sweet and savory pumpkin flavor. these muffins are so dang good that even your non-vegan friends will LOVE em.
so give this a try, let us know your thoughts, and comment any modifications you make to this one to make it your own!
prep time: 22 min | cook time: 25 min | total time: 47 min
recipe type: dessert
cuisine: fall inspired, vegan
servings: makes 12
what you’ll need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 1/4 cups puréed pumpkin
1/2 cup almond milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp. almond milk
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- in a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, and spices
- in a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, almond milk, oil, and maple syrup.
- pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix.
- spoon the batter into the muffin pan, filling each cup to the top.
- bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- remove muffins from the oven.
- when they’ve cooled to room temperature, frost them and sprinkle sunflower seeds on them (optional) and devour!
photography & styling:
content written by:
good vibes created by:
the desert iris team